I am so happy to see Fall has finally arrived! Now the next barn sale season is well underway! Events started last weekend and are going to be one right after the other now! I love this time of year, and it’s even more fun because it’s my wedding next month! I wanted to take a few moments to introduce a gal to you guys that is doing a super cute sale out in Bloomington Springs, Tenn (northwest!) and give you a little behind the scenes peek at what’s to come for her upcoming sale Sept 22-23! Get to know her and her family in this blog post! Enjoy!
1. Where are you from? Jason and Keisha Harper are from the small town of Gainesboro, Tennessee (located about 20 mins. NW of Cookeville, Tennessee) Anthony Flatt is from Bloomington Springs,Tennessee and the sale takes place on his family’s farm.
2. Where did the name Sweet Onida’s originate from? For a couple days I sat scribbling down words, names of important people in our life, items, etc. but just couldn’t come up with the perfect name. On Sunday we had a family cookout at which time I brought out my paper of scribbles and we were all brainstorming to get the name we all felt would fit for our event. My sister said “Sweet Onidas” and I knew this would be the perfect name. Anthony’s grandmother was named Onida. The quilt that you will see hanging in the loft doors of the barn was made by Mrs. Onida and hung in her memory.
3. What was your initial dream for the barn sale? To provide a unique opportunity for vendors to display talents and passions while also providing an event for the entire family in our little community. Keisha had been going to Barn Sales for a couple years and in 2015 became a vendor herself. Jason and Keisha began setting up at Barn Sales all over with their 1963 Trotwood Vintage Camper. Keisha had a love for Boutique Clothing and Jason put his handy man skills to work making wood signs, and industrial pipe lamps. Soon after Keisha starting setting up her love for Barn Sales grew even more. Anthony was a friend of the Harper’s with a love for antiques and a beautiful family farm so Keisha discussed the idea of hosting their very own Barn Sale and in the Spring of 2017 they held their very first Sweet Onidas Barn Sale.
4. What was your best lesson learned? Don’t stress over the things that you can not control. Our first sale it literally rained all week during decorating and setting everything up. It also rained the entire two days of the sale minus maybe 2 hours but the sale went on. Our wonderful vendors, staff, and customers put on their rain boots and jackets and showed their support. Even with all the rain we had a good turn out and almost all the vendors were happy and encouraged us to have another sale in the fall. So here we are with a month left till the fall sale.
5. What inspires you? There’s so much that inspires me but all the positive feedback from friends, vendors, and the attendees really touch my heart.
So grab your boots and make plans to attend the next Sweet Onida’s Barn Sale in Bloomington Springs, Tennessee. September 22-23. Preview Friday Night 3p-8p and Saturday Sept 23 9a-4p. $5.00 each admission and contact Keisha Harper for more 931.239.7836
Follow Sweet Onida’s on